Bilim Kahramanları Derneği (Science Heroes Association) Explanatory Text on Personal Data Treatment
Dear Bilim Kahramanları Derneği Volunteers, Donors, Supporters, and Partners,
This explanatory text is intended to inform the owners of personal data who are in the scope of the Protection of Personal Data Law Nr.6698 (”the Law”) of the Republic of Turkey about the process for the retrieval, storage, sharing, processing, and deletion of the personal data shared by the volunteers, donors, supporters, and partners of the Bilim Kahramanları Derneği by Bilim Kahramanları Derneği.
Bilim Kahramanları Derneği holds the title ‘Data Responsible’, according to ”the Law” Nr.6698 put into force on 07.04.2016, having been published in the Republic of Turkey Official Gazette on that date. Since then, the Association has been realizing the applicable adaptation work, to fulfill the obligations this title requires.
You may need to share your data with Bilim Kahramanları Derneği, either online, in written or verbal ways, either during the activities of the Association’s Headquarters, its branch offices, web sites, online banking interfaces, donation pages or text messaging. It is important that you know that all your data will be processed in-line with your approval and according to ”the Law”. Having passed your approval, your data can be used by the Association for gathering and analyzing statistical data, for improving its donation and volunteer operations, or for enhancing the institutional publicity and informational communications of the Association.
In this context, you can always consult the Bilim Kahramanları Derneği, an association holding the title ‘Data Responsible’. According to the 11th article of ”the Law”, our donors, volunteers, and supporters whose personal data are being processed, possess the following rights:
- To be informed of whether or not any of their data is being processed.
- To ask for any kind of information about the situation, if their data is being processed.
- To know the purpose of usage, and to know whether or not their data is being used relevantly.
- To be informed about any third party with whom their data is being shared, whether on the national or international level.
- To demand the update of any missing or erroneous part in their data records.
- To ask for the deletion and removal of their data when these data do not need to be processed anymore.
- To request that the transactions made in accordance with paragraphs (e) and (f) of this document be notified to third parties to whom personal data were transferred previously,
- To object to any unfavorable outcome resulting from their data exclusively being analyzed by automated systems.
- To claim compensation for any loss in the case of their data being processed against the Law.
Holding the title ‘Data Responsible’, we, Bilim Kahramanları Derneği, ensure the following:
- To comply with the legal principles in the processing of personal data,
- To ask for open consent when processing any personal or private data.
- To take every necessary administrative and technical measures to provide the appropriate environment with the proper level of security, for safe storage of personal data and for it to be guarded against unlawful access and treatment.
- To abide by the above-mentioned rights of the owner of the personal data and to eliminate any potential losses related to these rights.
To claim your rights under the law, please consult the Association in a written way, through the Bilim Kahramanları Derneği Headquarters Address by post or online via our e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org.